Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 1 of Internship

Well, week one went by without a hitch. I spent most of the week sitting through depositions and witness interviews. I thought I really knew how to interview someone, but after sitting through interviews with a seasoned paralegal I realized I was wrong. It is not just about the question you ask, but how you arrange your questions. Each question and subsequent question fell perfectly in line so that a story could actually be told with the answers received. I also spent time sifting through hundreds of pages of evidence looking for potential questions to ask in future deposition. I am amazed at what a legal person can see in a simple document. Without legal training, I would skim it and miss areas that need clarification from a witness.

An exciting week was spent listening and learning.  I cannot wait to learn and do more. What an exciting field of expertise.

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment